Federal Universities Remain Tuition-free, Tinubu’s Govt Says

President Bola Tinubu’s government has said the media reports that the tuition fees of Federal Universities have been increased are inaccurate and and untrue.

A statement by Mr Dele Alake, Special Adviser to the President, Special Duties, Communications and Strategy, putting things in proper perspective reads…

It was widely reported earlier this week across some news media outlets that the Federal Government had increased tuition fees in federal universities in the country.

These reports are inaccurate and not correct.

We are aware that some universities have in recent weeks announced increase in the amount payable by students on sundry charges.

However, the fact remains and we have confirmed that these are discretionary charges by each university for hostel accommodation, registration, laboratory and other charges. They are not tuition fees.

Authorities of these universities even made this fact clear enough in explaining the rationale behind these new fees.

For avoidance of doubts, federal universities in Nigeria remain tuition-free.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu remains committed to his promise of ensuring that every Nigerian, regardless of the economic situation of their parents, have access to quality tertiary education.

In addition to the Students’ Loans Scheme, under the Student Loans Bill signed into law by President Tinubu last month, which will go into implementation ahead of the next academic session in September, the Federal Government will also strengthen other mechanisms to support indigent students.

Parts of the government’s plans to make sure all diligent students complete their education on time, notwithstanding their parents’ financial situation, include work-study, merit-based scholarships and grants.

Dele Alake
Special Adviser to the President
(Special Duties, Communications & Strategy)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

− 5 = 2
Powered by MathCaptcha

You May Also Like

What Tinubu Promised Perpetrators Of Yobe Killings

President Tinubu also extends his condolences to bereaved families,

FG Announces Ban On 60,000-Litre Fuel Tankers On Nigerian Roads From March 1, Trashes Claims On Fuel Quality

the decision was made in response to the increasing number of road accidents involving heavy-duty petroleum tankers

Speaker Obasa Tells Nigerians What To Do To Make 2022 A Better Year

Speaker Obasa Tells Nigerians What To Do To Make 2022 A Better…

NDLEA Nabs Wanted 42-Year-Old Drug Lord, Recovers Large Drug Shipment, Foreign Currencies

the MD/CEO of Franc CJ Ibemesi Nig Ltd was arrested at his Daisy Garden Hotel