Force spokesman, Frank Mba, has described how the Police re-arrested millionaire kidnapper, Hamisu Wadume.

Wadume escaped when the operatives of Intelligence Response Team came under attack from soldiers attached to Battalion 93, Takum, Taraba State, as they conveyed the kidnap suspect from the scene of his arrest.

“His arrest followed massive manhunt launched by the Police special forces and IRT members,” Mba said in a statement released to media on Tuesday.

The statement read, “The operatives of the Nigeria Police have re-arrested the notorious kidnap kingpin, Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume.

“He was re-arrested in the late hours of Monday, August 19, at his hideout at Layin Mai Allo Hotoro area of Kano State.

“It would be recalled that the Police had been on the massive manhunt for the suspect, Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume, since August 6, following the unfortunate incident in Ibi, Taraba State which resulted in the brutal murder of three Police Officers and two civilians, and injury to five others.

“The suspect, who was appropriately restrained at the time of the incident, was subsequently released by his “rescuers” after they had destroyed the restraining handcuffs.”

The Police noted that Wadume’s arrest,”will, no doubt, help in bringing answers to the numerous but hitherto unanswered questions touching on the

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

51 + = 54
Powered by MathCaptcha

You May Also Like

N100m Fine In Favour Of Emefiele Will Be Appealed – EFCC

N100m Fine In Favour Of Emefiele Will Be Appealed – EFCC The…

MTN Foundation Contributes Over 70,000 Items Personal Protective Equipment To NCDC

Following MTN’s commitment of N500 million to support the acquisition of critical…

EFCC Wants Fani-Kayode’s Bail Revoked

EFCC Wants Fani-Kayode’s Bail Revoked The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC),…

Lagos Lawmakers Condemn Burning Of Rivers Assembly Chamber

Obasa said the parliament must not be made a victim of political crisis among gladiators