The Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs Oyo-Ita, on Wednesday resumed in her office amidst uncertainty surrounding her stay in the office over fraud allegations.

Mrs Oyo-Ita is being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over alleged N3bn bribery, duty tour allowance falsification and fraud case.

She was said to have been pressured into resigning her position by family members but the resignation was said to have been rejected by the presidency.

She stayed away from office last week on sick leave after appearing at the EFCC office and was absent from the presidential retreat held for ministers designate at the presidential villa. She was, however, present at the ministers’ swearing-in on Wednesday.

Director of Communication at the office of the HCSF, Mrs Olawunmi Ogunosunle, told our correspondent on Thursday that Oyo-Ita came to her office after the swearing-in.

“After leaving the Presidential Villa where she witnessed the swearing-in, she came straight to the office. Today, she has resumed in her office again,” she said.

Source: Punch

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

75 + = 77
Powered by MathCaptcha

You May Also Like

How Saraki Is Celebrating Gov Adeleke At 64

Ademola Adeleke – born on May 13, 1960 – turned 64 today

Tinubu Meets GENCOs’ Chairmen, Assures Of Commitment To Resolving Debt Claims

The President emphasised the need for patience from GENCOs and financial institutions, noting that government agencies are actively engaging audit and legal firms to scrutinise the claims

NCAA Boss Segun Runsewe Sent To Prison

Justice Jude Okeke of an FCT High Court on Thursday sentenced Chief…

No Extension Of Amnesty, Gov Oyetola Warns During Inspection Of Returned Looted Items In Osun

No Extension Of Amnesty, Gov Oyetola Warns During Inspection Of Returned Looted…