Abducted 344 Kankara Schoolboys Released

 No fewer than 344 of the students kidnapped from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State, last Friday night, have been released. 

The students had been in the kidnappers’ den for six days. A video circulating online showed that the students were on their way to Katsina.

Gunmen, who came on motorbikes had last Friday, invaded the school’s premises around 11 pm shooting indiscriminately to scare residents. The operation led to the disappearance of over 300 students.

Boko Haram had on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the attack.

“They are on their way to Katsina, the military finalised the negotiations with them, they will be received by the governor anytime from now,” the source said.

Source: saharareporters.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 + 3 =
Powered by MathCaptcha

You May Also Like

Ipele Attack: Gov Aiyedatiwa Directs Heavy Patrols Across Communities, Forests

The Governor spoke on Thursday after an emergency meeting with the heads of security agencies

“It’s A Personal Loss” Gov Oyetola Says On Deputy Chief Of Staff’s Death

Mr. Mikhail Adejare Adebisi, the Deputy Chief of Staff (DCoS) to Governor…

Drama As Iwo King Abdulrasheed Akanbi Angrily leaves Yoruba Community Event In Rivers

Funky King of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi is back in the news.…

Gov Eno Hails Team Akwa Ibom As Nigeria Wins Schools Debate In Singapore

The Governor also commended the Ministry of Education for the good work on the students