“False, Contradict Verifiable Facts” – ONSA Dismisses El-Rufai’s Claims On Policy Of Payments To Bandits

The Office of the National Security Adviser, supervised by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has dismissed as falsehood allegations made by former governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, that it “coordinates a policy of payments and offers incentives to bandits.”

Mr Ribadu’s office reacted in a statement made available by Zakari Mijinyawa and titled “FIGHT AGAINST BANDITRY: FACTS DISPROVE EL-RUFAI’S FALSE CLAIMS”.

Reactions to “the baseless” claims reads…

The attention of the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) has been drawn to comments made by the former Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, in a television interview on Sunday. In that interview, he alleged, falsely, that the ONSA coordinates a policy of payments and offers incentives to bandits.

This claim is baseless. At no time has the ONSA, or any arm of government under this administration, engaged in ransom payments or inducements to criminals.

On the contrary, we have consistently warned Nigerians against paying ransom. El-Rufai’s allegations are not only false but also contradict verifiable facts on ground.

From inception, this government adopted a dual strategy: decisive kinetic operations alongside community engagements aimed at addressing local grievances. The result is evident in areas such as Igabi, Birnin Gwari, Giwa, and other parts of Kaduna that once suffered untold terror  in Kaduna state but are now experiencing relative peace.

The efforts of our gallant military and security agencies in capturing or eliminating notorious bandits have been widely reported in the media. In Kaduna alone, known kingpins as who once terrorised residents such as Boderi, Baleri, Sani Yellow Janburos, Buhari and Boka, among others, were eliminated. Only recently, leaders of Ansaru who previously established bases in Kaduna were apprehended.

These successes came at a cost, some of our brave officers paid the supreme price. For a former governor of a state in person of El-Rufai to deny these sacrifices on national television is both unfair and deeply insulting to the memories of our security personnel.

We urge El-Rufai and all political actors to desist from dragging national security institutions into partisan battles.

The fight against banditry is a collective struggle, not a platform for political point-scoring.

SIGNED
Zakari Mijinyawa
For: Office of the National Security Adviser

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

− 3 = 3
Powered by MathCaptcha

You May Also Like

Witness Reveals How Battling N8.5bn Fraud Case Gen. Atewe Bought 30,000 Units Of Shares For N170m

A prosecution witness, Howard Edafe, in the ongoing N8.5billion fraud case involving…

Here Are The Main Backers As Aiyedatiwa Officially Declares Guber Ambition

He paid tribute to the late former Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, CON, whose vision

Senator Buruji Kashamu Buried

Senator Buruji Kashamu Buried Ogun State politician and former senator, Buruji Kashamu…

Ooni Says Igangan Attack Devilish And Provocative

Ooni Says Igangan Attack Devilish And Provocative The Arole Oduduwa & Ooni…